Reminder bago magbasa ^_^ : I am not a Nutritionist, nor a Physical Therapist. I don’t have a degree in Medicine, at kahit isang unit ng anything medical related wala akong kinuha.
Nabuo ang guide na to habang nagbabagong buhay ako. Together with my hubby’s online research and suggestions from friends, this guide helped me loose 7kgs in less than 1 month. Pero shempre, aanhin mo ang guide kung hindi mo din tanggap sa sarili mo na gusto mo na talga magbago. diba?
I started switching to a healthier lifestyle nung isang linggo na biglang halos lahat nlng sa pamilya ko eh nagpatingin sa doctor. Mom ko, dad ko, mom ni franco AND even franco was taking maintenance meds for their sugar and cholesterol. Franco, his mom and his aunt started their own Biggest Loser Competition and pinipilit nila ako sumali. At first ayoko, I was in denial eh. Iniisip ko hindi ko kelangan sumali kse masaya naman ako… then na realize ko, at my weight, I was lucky enough na hindi pa ako umaasa sa meds para mabuhay. So I decided to join them. The initial weigh in was a wake up call for me. Yun ang bumasag ng denail stage ko. My starting weight was a whopping 194lbs! (6 lbs nlng pwde na ako sumali sa biggest loser HAHAHA)
As of this writing, (after 43 days / 6 weeks) I am now 178.2lbs. hooray for meeh! (could’ve been less kung ndi lang ako naka vacation sa ilocos for 4 days nyehehe)
here’s what i did.
1. stay away from rice! eto ang culprit talga ng diet ng pinoy hehe
2. say no to desserts / sweets
3. Eat small portions every 2-3 hours
4. as much as possible stay away from fried food
5. water water water
6. choose 1 cheat day a week (kme it’s always sunday cheat day) . you get to eat whatever you want pero not to the point na mag pig out ka. yun tipong enough to satisfy your cravings for the week.
7. be bestfriends with reployo and kamote (it sips away yun water retention in your body)
8. before you start your day, get a shot of black coffee.
9. last meal of the day should be more or less an hour before going to sleep.
10. if you want to do calorie counting, check rmr rate (resting metabolic rate) tapos results nun bawasan mo ng 500 cal. thats’ the amount of calories na you should be taking in a day.
11. drink a cup of coffee or tea 30 mins before your meal.
here’s a list of the stuff na i eat. (choose 1 or 2 per meal)
– 1 pack skyflakes oats and fiber crackers (not preferred pero for variety)
– 1 piece of wheat putok (sm hypermart)
– 1 wholewheat bagel
– 2 nilagang saba
– 2-3 nilagang kamote (better yun orange/yellow variety)
– veggie all you can (better no dressing, kse the big calories in salads are in the dressing)
– 1 bowl of quaker oats (no sugar, no milk) 2 tbs of oats : half cup of water
– non-fat / low-fat milk (1 glass a day in the morning)
– tuna in can (better yun light variety ng century tuna)
– if you cant live without rice talga, opt for brown rice (1 cup per meal lang or less)
– 1-2 slice wheat bread
– roasted chicken (don’t eat the skin)
– 1 cup chicken sotanghon (better if made from scratch)
– fish (in any lute but better kung grilled / steamed)
– anything na ulam basta no rice (ulam shud be prepared in healthy way like nilaga, grilled, poached, steamed, less oil) if you want fried, choose yun healthy na oil to fry (NOTE: olive oil is not meant for frying)
– fit cereals (half cup lang)
– hard boiled eggs (2 per meal : eat 1 with yellow tapos yun 2nd white lang)
– whey protein first thing in the morning (1 scoop : 8 oz water)
– fruits (pineapple, apples) try to stay away from mangoes or sweet fruits
– 1 can of pineapple juice a day
– coffee or tea… (better option green tea)
1. cardio cardio cardio
2. kelangan mo pa din mag weights. don’t think na porke nag wweights ka eh you’d look like vina morales with all those muscles. do minimal weights at high reps. muscles will help burn your fats AND it’ll help tone those saggy arms and thighs.
(habol ko nlng kung ano work out na ginagawa ko)
3. alternate target areas (like mondays, upper body … wednesdays, lower body…. fridays, chest and back) parang ganun…
4. HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) example, Stationary Bike
for the first 3 mins, warm up ka … yun saktong may pressure lang sa bike
on the 4th min mark, pedal ka ng super bilis! ilabas mo lahat ng energy mo
on the 5th min mark, rest (not rest as in stop, rest as in normal pedaling again)
on the 6th min mark, bilis nanaman
do this for 15 mins (yun alternate bilis – rest)
on the 15th min (to 16th) cool down, remove pressure on the bike tapos pedal lang for 1 min.
TIPS and THOUGHTS
1. on the 6 day course of diet, DON’T CHEAT! (kahit sabihin mo sa sarili mo “konti lang naman eh” / “kaya ko naman bawiin to” / “pwde naman as long as they don’t find out”) YOU ARE NOT CHEATING ON THEM, YOU’RE CHEATING ON YOURSELF.
2. don’t skip breakfast. it’s the most important meal of the day
3. try not to skip a meal kse if you skip one, your mind will think na kelangan bumawi sa next meal. therefore, takaw tingin.
4. DON’T FORGET your cheat day. important to kse it’ll help your body think na it’s not fasting. once your body think na it’s on fasting mode, mag addjust sha sa diet mo therefore it’ll maintain yun burning rate nya. gets?
5. stay away from people who will bring you down. stick with people na GV! (good vibes lang) kse these people will make you feel good lalo na sa 6 day course na nagpapakahirap ka
6. The first 3 days might be hard pero think positive lang
7. Loosing weight is as tough as for people who wants to GAIN weight. (mas kawawa sila kse kahit anong kain nila they won’t gain weight talga – gustuhin man nila) trust me i know people who NEEDS to gain weight pero hirap sill.
8. When going out with friends on a diet day, choose the lesser evil (ex. pag nasa jollibee kayo for a kiddie party, mag spaghetti ka nlng hehe)
9. Try looking for friends who would want to join you on your journey to a healthy lifestyle tapos gawin nyo’ng mala biggest loser din! (i noticed kse na people are more focused in their work out kse laban sha) our laban naman, contenders will bet Php 5000. Whoever lost the most gets the pot. (pwde din mag side bet like 500 per person and 2nd placer gets the side bet or something)
To sum it all up… Here’s the 10 Commandments of Fat Loss (Nunui found this online) (I’d suggest printing this as a daily reminder).
1. Thou Shalt Plan Ahead. It’s a no brainer – to be successful in any area of life, including fat loss, you must plan ahead
2. Thou Shalt Eat Clean 90% of the Time. This weekend we broke this “Commandment.” But you know what, it was part of our 10%. The key is not that we enjoyed some cake (something people think we would NEVER touch) … the key is that we got right back to normal with the first meal this morning. Eating cake, desserts, etc is fine … occasionally … as long as you bounce right back immediately after and get back to “normal.” Those types of foods become an issue when they’re more than “once in awhile” foods. To make this more straightforward, if you eat 4 meals per day, 7 days/week that’s 28 total meals. 90% of 28 means 25ish meals are great choices and it leaves room for about 3 not so great meals. (eto yun sinasabi namin na choose 1 cheat day)
3. Thou Shalt Eat Breakfast Daily. Simple. Straightforward, but a MUST to lose fat, preserve muscle, and maintain the fat loss. The key is making the right choices, which means a lean protein (like eggs), some fruit and/or veggies (see #6 and 9)
4. Thou Shalt Eat Protein with EVERY Meal & Snack. Protein helps fill you. Protein helps you repair and recover from exercise. Replacing junky carbs (white bread, sugar, cookies, pastries, etc) with lean protein is smart for permanent fat loss.
5. Thou Shalt Lift Weights. Let’s face it — for you to get in the best shape of your life, you MUST include some type of resistance training. Cardio won’t cut it so if you’re running or walking for exercise and think that will transform your body, it won’t.
6. Thou Shalt Eat Veggies with Each Meal. Most people think you can only eat veggies at night … if at all. Wrong. Mix them into eggs like, add some to a wrap for lunch, use a wide variety for the base of your salads AND at dinner. Not many foods in the diet provide more bang for your buck than veggies.
7. Thou Shalt Not Eat Cereal with Cartoons on the Box. So while the “2nd Commandment” says to eat breakfast daily, it doesn’t mean eating sugar filled junk … and that’s exactly what the “cartoon on the box” cereals are so avoid ‘em like the plague.
8. Thou Shalt Move Daily. While this may sound the same as the “4th Commandment” it’s not … this is in addition to training with weights. Lifting weights is great, but let’s say you do that for 60 minutes per day (and that would even be pushing it for most people). What are you doing the other 23 hours? Usually sitting … all day at the office, all night in front of the TV. If this is you, you’re an active couch potato. Move as much as possible. Take a walk at lunch time for half your break. Get out after work, take the kids to the park, etc. Just move. As much as possible.
9. Thou Shalt Eat Fruit with Each Meal. We often hear that fruit has too much sugar or certain fruits are off limits. Couldn’t be further from the truth. No one became overweight from eating too many fruits. The more colors you eat, the better, so mix in a nice variety of dark colored fruits regularly).
10. Thou Shalt Only Eat Ingredients You Can Pronounce. This means eating less packaged foods. We had cake this weekend. Kara made it. From scratch. And it was a pretty nice looking Elmo, if I say so myself! This even goes for “energy” bars, shakes, or other pseudo health foods (yes, even the organic ones) that have a laundry list of ingredients.
Print this list. Keep it close to you and we guarantee that if you follow these “commandments” you’ll certainly be much better off with your weight, health, appearance, energy and pretty much everything else in life…
This guide is a work in progress. Sa sarili mo’ng journey, you’d encounter people na mag sshare din ng success stories and secrets nila. Share lang ng share and let’s help everyone para mag change na din ng lifestyle nila 😀
kung may saloobin and you need someone to talk to, andito lang aketch 😀 or kung may questions ka, message mo lang ako ha 😀
sa uulitin mga bata.